Owning a managed services franchise is a great opportunity.
Today, Managed Service Providers are a growing segment of the IT industry, making it a great area for entrepreneurs who are seeking new business opportunities. First off, a definition of managed service providers (MSPs): According to IT analyst firm Gartner, “A managed service provider delivers services, such as network, application, infrastructure and security, via ongoing and regular support and active administration on customers’ premises, in their MSP’s data center (hosting), or in a third-party data center.” MA-based Cinch I.T. is among the fastest-growing MSPs in the country, having won numerous awards, including Channel Future’s MSP 501 in 2018 and 2019, CRN Fast Growth 150 in 2019, and Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2019.
The key reason to consider an MSP franchise is that the market is hot and growing. The MSP market was valued at over USD $186 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach over USD $356 billion by 2025, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.5% from 2020 to 2025. This tremendous growth is predicted because staying competitive in today’s technology-driven world requires a smart, forward-looking technology strategy that provides value to customers. Cinch I.T. has built its franchise base with a particular focus on “fast and friendly service” that separates it from other MSP competitors. Simply put, it’s game over for companies that fail to put their service approach front and center in business planning.
Unfortunately, developing and then implementing a digital strategy doesn’t come cheap. Many businesses lack the staff, budget, and resources to develop a strategy, no less maintain a complex IT infrastructure with multiple systems; cloud computing apps; and desktop, laptop and mobile devices. Not every MSP has in-house staff with the expertise needed to scale infrastructure for future growth. At Cinch, each franchise location benefits from the company’s award-winning central helpdesk. Not to be left out of the IT equation is the need for high quality, on-site IT staff that can provide day-to-day tech support to an organization’s customers, partners, and vendors. All these IT responsibilities open the door for Cinch franchises to ease the burden of new franchisees.
Top MSP franchises include top technology support for customers.
When looking at MSP franchises, the tech support piece deserves special consideration. Excellence in ongoing support has proven to be a competitive advantage for Cinch I.T.’s franchises. Those exploring MSP franchises should pay attention to the value that a highly qualified helpdesk can provide to a growing business. In addition to lowering costs, increasing efficiency and raising productivity, an effective helpdesk is a critical part of the “Customer experience” in Cinch’s core values.
It is well recognized that customer experience now represents competitive advantage that helps an MSP retain customers and enhance its reputation. The proof is in the numbers. Gartner states that 89% of businesses compete through the level of customer experience they can deliver. Further, 44% of consumers take their business elsewhere due to a poor experience. Looking at the facts, the importance of top-level customer tech support should not be overrated. That’s what sets Cinch I.T. apart from other MSP franchises.
The level of technical support can make or break your MSP franchise.
Given the financial and reputational harm that can result from a short-staffed, under-qualified help desk, you’ll want to assure your customers that their technical support experience will be second to none. As a Cinch franchisee, you can count on the technical support services provided by its helpdesk that will benefit both you and your customer in the following ways:
• Broad Skill Set: Cinch’s technical support provides access to highly qualified IT experts with a wide range of technology skills and experience.
• Product Knowledge: Cinch’s helpdesk staff has extensive product knowledge to resolve problems to its customers’ satisfaction.
• Support availability: Cinch customers can receive support across non-peak hours and varying time zones.
• Better response times: Cinch’s franchise capabilities include network discovery days to appraise each client’s needs, remote access to diagnose and troubleshoot problems immediately, and follow-up on-site visits when remote troubleshooting doesn’t resolve the issue.
Ask the right questions about your MSP franchise’s tech support services.
As you consider the tech support offered by your MSP franchisor, you’ll want to ask questions in these three important areas:
1. Customer Experience:
• Can you assure that my customers’ helpdesk experience will be consistent?
• Do you have the manpower required to service all of my customers to their satisfaction?
• What is the response time for answering customer calls?
• How does the company hire its helpdesk staff?
• How experienced are helpdesk staff in dealing with a range of product issues?
• What kind of training does the franchise company provide to its employees?
• Can the company scale up to meet demands as needed?
3. Problem Resolution Process:
• What percentage of customer IT problems can be resolved remotely?
• If the problem can’t be resolved remotely, how will they troubleshoot the problem?
• What type of onsite tech support services do you offer?
In addition to asking these questions, it’s also important to talk with the company’s franchise owners about their experience with the company, including their customers’ experience with technical support. Cinch’s experienced franchise operations staff are more than business consultants – they’re business partners.
Have confidence in technical support capabilities before signing on.
An MSP franchise can be a successful business for an entrepreneur. Succeeding and reaching your business potential in today’s market requires that you provide the best customer experience. At Cinch I.T., a key element is providing customers with consistently excellent helpdesk interactions. Select a franchise company that provides you with full confidence that your customers’ IT problems will be resolved in the best way possible—leaving you with the time you need to build your business. Find out how Cinch Franchise can provide a turnkey franchise solution that sets up you and your customers for success.